RECTOR OF ST. MARGARET’S;
We are looking for a rector who will draw upon the broad traditions of our catholic and openly evangelical congregation.
- A leader who bases their teaching on Scripture, is a person of prayer and open to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- Ability to demonstrate a broadly open evangelical tradition.
- Demonstrate an effective approach in relation to doctrine and the creeds; whilst basing teachings on scripture
- An exceptionally prayerful person and open to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- Possess ability to demonstrate a well-integrated teaching and preaching that must be able to connect with the diverse people in Barking Borough.
- Possess a High Standard of pastoral skills to engage with and enable others to engage with the range of needs identified in the parish profile.
- Extensive experience in parochial ministry whilst demonstrating the ability to understand and work across the diverse cultures found in our congregation.
- Demonstrate the ability and vision to think creatively as they develop with us the church in its mission, whilst remaining sensitive both to the traditions of the church and to changes in the surrounding community.
- Possess a proven commitment to lay ministry including the ministry of Readers.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other Mission and Ministry units (MMU's) in the diocese.
- Have an ability to combine first class management and interpersonal skills to engage at all levels.
- Has evidence and past experience of good standards and understanding of finance and robust fundraising ability.
- Demonstrate a positive passion and be excited by the opportunities that exist, be willing to be both approachable and available.
- Be well organised and able to manage well and work to consult openly with parishioners as we seek to develop a vision for the future.
- Strong track record of good and effective people management and communication skills
- Possess a systematic ability to delegate and develop a common vision.
- Demonstrate a commitment to safeguarding and the experience to make it a priority.
- Flexible and able to accept, support and enable the diversity of worship styles contained within the congregation.
We are looking for a leader who possesses a high level of honesty and openness to sustain and develop a clear vision in our diverse, urban community.